Telefon: +47 22 00 47 17 /
Research Assistant in Climate Impacts Group
Iulia Marginean graduated from an Erasmus Mundus programme in environmental engineering and management (MSc. Joint European Master in Environmental Studies) and aims to specialize in climate change research. She is interested in the synergies between climate extremes and air pollution and their socio-economic impacts. Methodologically, she explores different tools for spatial and quantitative data analysis.
- CiXPAG - Interaction of Climate Extremes, Air Pollution and Agro-ecosystems Future food production, and consequently food security, is very sensitive to both climate change and air pollution. So far, little is known about how climate extremes and ozone pollution interact to affect agriculture or about the relative effectiveness of climate change adaptation and ozone regulation measures for various crops and regions.
- ClimINVEST - Tools for climate-resilient investment ClimINVEST-prosjektet vil bringe forskere og investorer sammen i en serie vitenskap-praksis laboratorier for å utvikle skreddersydd informasjon om klimaendringer for de som tar investeringsbeslutninger. Denne informasjonen skal tydeliggjøre fysisk klimarisiko og muligheter for ny grønn vekst.
- EXHAUSTION Air pollution is currently the largest environmental killer in Europe, causing 500,000 premature deaths annually. Heatwaves can make air pollution more lethal and cause more heart and lung diseases. Together with Universitetet i Oslo (UiO) the Norwegian Institute of Public Health and 11 other European institutions CICERO will help increase European resilience towards climate change.
Publikasjoner og formidling ved CICERO
- Romain Hubert, Iulia Marginean, Michel Cardona, Christa Clapp, Jana Sillmann, 2021 Addressing challenges of physical climate risk analysis in financial institutions EN
- Florian Gallo, Violaine Lepousez, Sophie Dejonckheere, Jana Sillmann, Christa Clapp, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Iulia Marginean, Monserrat Budding, Romain Hubert, Michel Cordona, 2020 Assessing climate physical risks for financial decision makers - Common methodologies,challenges and case studies EN
- Asbjørn Torvanger, Kristina Alnes, Alexander Oliver Berg, Iulia Marginean, 2019 Climate science for the financial sector: Managing climate risk in Norway and Sweden EN
Konferansebidrag og faglig presentasjon
- Iulia Marginean, 2021 Screening for climate risk: the ClimINVEST online climate indicators platform EN
- Christa Clapp, Jana Sillmann, Kristina Alnes, Iulia Marginean, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2020 Physical climate risk for banks. Data availability and accessibility challenges. EN
- Human health under threat by extreme heat and air pollution Extreme heat and high levels of air pollution create a major and immediate threat to human health. How should climate research respond?