Elin Lerum Boasson is an expert on domestic climate - and energy policy developments. She also studies the development of EU energy - and climate policy.
Elin Lerum Boasson has a PhD in Political Science from the University of Oslo. She has been a visiting scholar at University of California, Berkeley, Freie University, Berlin and Harvard University in Cambridge, Massachusetts. Her research explains variaion in climate and energy policy accross countries, and explores how and to what extent business, governmental organizations, politicians and EU steering shapes the policy development.
She is one of the lead authors in the 6th Assessment report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), with a special responsebility for national policies and institutions. Boasson has a 20% position at CICERO Center for International Climate Research. Boasson was a leader of working group 1 'Sources' (focusing on climate policy invention) in the COST Action Innovations in Climate Governance: Sources, Patterns and Effects. She also led the large research project 'Revising the National Renewables Policy Mix: The role of state aid and other key EU policies (REMIX)'
- Power from the People? Driving forces and hindrances We address the driving forces and barriers for households in Norway to become producers of electricity which is made possible by smart grids and smart meters, allowing energy users not only to consume energy, but also to generate energy and feed this into the grid.
- Connect How will shifts in international climate policy change the conditions for Norway's transition to a low emissions economy?
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Elin Lerum Boasson, 2019 Constitutionalization and entrepreneurship: Explaining increased EU steering of renewables support schemes Politics and Governance, Cogitatio, EN
- Dave Huitema, Elin Lerum Boasson, Raoul Beunen, 2018 Entrepreneurship in climate governance at the local and regional levels: concepts, methods, patterns, and effects Regional Environmental Change, EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, Dave Huitema, 2017 Climate governance entrepreneurship: Emerging findings and a new research agenda Environment and Planning. C, Government and Policy, Pion Ltd., EN
- Andrew J. Jordan, Dave Huitema, Mikael Hildén, Harro van Asselt, Tim J. Rayner, Jonas J. Schoenefeld, Jale Tosun, Johanna Forster, Elin Lerum Boasson, 2015 Emergence of polycentric climate governance and its future prospects Nature Climate Change, EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, Jørgen Wettestad, 2014 Policy invention and entrepreneurship: Bankrolling the burying of carbon in the EU Global Environmental Change, EN
- Berit Tennbakk, Elin Lerum Boasson, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, 2017 Development of scenarios for EU renewable policies. Discussion paper 2016-12 EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, Jørgen Wettestad, 2021 Comparative Renewables Policy: Political, Organizational and European Fields EN
- Elin Lerum Boasson, 2015 National Climate Policy - A Multi-field Approach EN