Phone: +47 22 00 47 68 /
- IPCC AR5 in Europe How does IPCC influence decision-making? This research project seeks to find out.
- PITCH PITCH focuses on how governance, values and norms and organizations are important preconditions for societal transformation to happen in a climate change context.
- Integration of Power Transmission Grids The primary objective of this project is to generate new knowledge about the institutional, technological, and economical, challenges related to the transformation of transmission power grids across Europe to make way for greater energy systems integration that, in turn, can facilitate longterm, sustainable restructuring of European countries' energy systems, efficient use of renewable energy sources, power system flexibility, and further increasing the shares of renewable energy. This new knowledge is useful for informing decision makers in policy and industry in a time of farreaching change in European power systems.
- Sis-klimat- Climate transitions in the Norwegian food system How can the Norwegian food production - consumption system be changed towards sustainable production of more climate friendly food? This overarching question targets opportunities for climate change adaptation and emission reductions, but also looks for co-benefits for, and stronger links between, producers and consumers.
- Energy efficiency labels: how to make them useful for consumers? The CONSEED project will examine how important energy efficiency information is when consumers buy a new electric appliance, a car or a house.
- S2S4E Climate Services for Clean Energy S2S4E is a European climate services innovation project funded by Horizon2020. CICERO is the second largest partner of the consortium and leads two work packages.
- Oppdatering av kunnskap om konsekvenser av klimaendringer i Norge The Norwegian Environment Agency has commissioned a report from CICERO and the Western Norway Research Institute which summarizes new knowledge on the impacts of climate change for Norway until 2100.
- Connect How will shifts in international climate policy change the conditions for Norway's transition to a low emissions economy?
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- G. Sundqvist, Des Gasper, Asuncion St. Clair, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearley, Irene Øvstebø Tvedten, Brian Wynne, 2018 One world or two? Science–policy interactions in the climate field Critical Policy Studies, EN
- J. David Tàbara, Asunción St Clair, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2017 Transforming communication and knowledge production processes to address high-end climate change Environmental Science and Policy, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Desmond McNeill, Sjur Kasa, Raoni Rajao, 2017 Co-operation or co-optation? NGOs' roles in Norway's international climate and forest initiative Forests, MDPI AG, EN
- Göran Sundqvist, Ingemar Bohlin, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearley, 2015 Formalization and separation: A systematic basis for interpreting approaches to summarizing science for climate policy Social Studies of Science, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 Policy window entrepreneurship: the backstage of the world’s largest REDD+ initiative Environmental Politics, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 I Will Write a Letter and Change the World The Knowledge Base Kick-Starting Norway’s Rainforest Initiative Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies, NTNU, Department for Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, EN
- Steffen Kallbekken, Håkon Sælen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2013 Bridging the Energy Efficiency Gap: A Field Experiment on Lifetime Energy Costs and Household Appliances Journal of Consumer Policy, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2017 Rigor and Relevance: Navigating the Climate Science-Policy Nexus EN
- Elisabeth Lannoo, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 REPORT 2015. From science to policy: How to improve the dialogue. EN
- Sjur Kasa, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2014 Climate Policy Constraints and NGO Entrepreneurship: The Story of Norway’s Leadership in REDD+ Financing- Working Paper 389 EN
Part of a book/report
- Ingrid Agathe Bay-Larsen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Tone Gjesdal Bjørndal, 2019 Den menneskeskapte iskanten - Om vitenskapelig sannhetssøken og uavhengighet i en kunnskapsbasert forvaltning. NO
- Arild Angelsen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Raoni Rajao, Richard van der Hoff, 2018 Results-based payment: Who should be paid, and for what? EN
- Göran Sundqvist, Ingemar Bohlin, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearley, 2018 Formalization and Separation: A Systematic Basis for Interpreting Approaches to Summarizing Science for Climate Policy EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Göran Sundqvist, Steven Yearley, Asunción St Clair, Kjersti Fløttum, Des Gasper, James Painter, 2018 Fra symfoni til kakofoni: Rapportene fra FNs klimapanel og reisen mot relevans NO