Phone: +47 22 00 47 68 /
- IPCC AR5 in Europe How does IPCC influence decision-making? This research project seeks to find out.
- PITCH PITCH focuses on how governance, values and norms and organizations are important preconditions for societal transformation to happen in a climate change context.
- Integration of Power Transmission Grids The primary objective of this project is to generate new knowledge about the institutional, technological, and economical, challenges related to the transformation of transmission power grids across Europe to make way for greater energy systems integration that, in turn, can facilitate longterm, sustainable restructuring of European countries' energy systems, efficient use of renewable energy sources, power system flexibility, and further increasing the shares of renewable energy. This new knowledge is useful for informing decision makers in policy and industry in a time of farreaching change in European power systems.
- Sis-klimat- Climate transitions in the Norwegian food system How can the Norwegian food production - consumption system be changed towards sustainable production of more climate friendly food? This overarching question targets opportunities for climate change adaptation and emission reductions, but also looks for co-benefits for, and stronger links between, producers and consumers.
- S2S4E Climate Services for Clean Energy S2S4E is a European climate services innovation project funded by Horizon2020. CICERO is the second largest partner of the consortium and leads two work packages.
- Oppdatering av kunnskap om konsekvenser av klimaendringer i Norge The Norwegian Environment Agency has commissioned a report from CICERO and the Western Norway Research Institute which summarizes new knowledge on the impacts of climate change for Norway until 2100.
- Connect How will shifts in international climate policy change the conditions for Norway's transition to a low emissions economy?
- VOM – insentiver til Virkemidler for Omstilling av Matsystemet Emissions of greenhouse gases must be reduced drastically and rapidly to keep the climate goals in the Paris Agreement within reach. The food system is an important source of emissions, with a major impact on land use, biodiversity, and health.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Bård Lahn, Göran Sundqvist, Erlend Øye, 2021 Post-Paris policy relevance: Lessons from the IPCC SR15 process Climatic Change, EN
- Eirik Hovland Steindal, Marianne Karlsson, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Trude Borch, Froukje Maria Platjouw, 2021 From Arctic Science to Global Policy – Addressing Multiple Stressors Under the Stockholm Convention Arctic Review on Law and Politics, EN
- Halvor Dannevig, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Marianne Karlsson, 2020 Culturally sensitive boundary work: A framework for linking knowledge to climate action Environmental Science and Policy, EN
- Ingrid Agathe Bay-Larsen, Tone Gjesdal Bjørndal, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2020 Mapping ice in the Norwegian Arctic – on the edge between science and policy Landscape Research, EN
- Konstantinos Koasidis, Anastasios Karamaneas, Alexandros Nikas, Hera Neofytou, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Kathleen Vaillancourt, Haris Doukas, 2020 Many Miles to Paris: A Sectoral Innovation System Analysis of the Transport Sector in Norway and Canada in Light of the Paris Agreement Sustainability, EN
- Helene Amundsen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2020 Green transformation is a boundary object: An analysis of conceptualisation of transformation in Norwegian primary industries Environment and Planning E: Nature and Space, EN
- G. Sundqvist, Des Gasper, Asuncion St. Clair, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearly, Irene Øvstebø Tvedten, Brian Wynne, 2018 One world or two? Science–policy interactions in the climate field Critical Policy Studies, EN
- J. David Tàbara, Asunción St Clair, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2017 Transforming communication and knowledge production processes to address high-end climate change Environmental Science and Policy, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Desmond McNeill, Sjur Kasa, Raoni Rajao, 2017 Co-operation or co-optation? NGOs' roles in Norway's international climate and forest initiative Forests, EN
- Göran Sundqvist, Ingemar Bohlin, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearly, 2015 Formalization and separation: A systematic basis for interpreting approaches to summarizing science for climate policy Social Studies of Science, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 Policy window entrepreneurship: the backstage of the world’s largest REDD+ initiative Environmental Politics, EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 I Will Write a Letter and Change the World The Knowledge Base Kick-Starting Norway’s Rainforest Initiative Nordic Journal of Science and Technology Studies, NTNU, Department for Interdisciplinary Studies of Culture, EN
- Steffen Kallbekken, Håkon Sælen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2013 Bridging the Energy Efficiency Gap: A Field Experiment on Lifetime Energy Costs and Household Appliances Journal of Consumer Policy, EN
- Fay Madeleine Farstad, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Bob van Oort, Arne Grønlund, Klaus Mittenzwei, Kristiane Brudevoll, Bård Sødal Grasbekk, 2020 Forbudet mot nydyrking av myr: Bakgrunn, effekter og utfordringer NB
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2017 Rigor and Relevance: Navigating the Climate Science-Policy Nexus EN
- Elisabeth Lannoo, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2015 REPORT 2015. From science to policy: How to improve the dialogue. EN
- Sjur Kasa, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, 2014 Climate Policy Constraints and NGO Entrepreneurship: The Story of Norway’s Leadership in REDD+ Financing- Working Paper 389 EN
Part of a book/report
- Ingrid Agathe Bay-Larsen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Tone Gjesdal Bjørndal, 2019 Den menneskeskapte iskanten - Om vitenskapelig sannhetssøken og uavhengighet i en kunnskapsbasert forvaltning. NO
- Arild Angelsen, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Raoni Rajao, Richard van der Hoff, 2018 Results-based payment: Who should be paid, and for what? EN
- Göran Sundqvist, Ingemar Bohlin, Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Steven Yearly, 2018 Formalization and Separation: A Systematic Basis for Interpreting Approaches to Summarizing Science for Climate Policy EN
- Erlend Andre Tveiten Hermansen, Göran Sundqvist, Steven Yearly, Asunción St Clair, Kjersti Fløttum, Des Gasper, James Painter, 2018 Fra symfoni til kakofoni: Rapportene fra FNs klimapanel og reisen mot relevans NO