Phone: +47 22 00 47 43 /
Miriam is specialised in communication and international relations, including nine years working with EU and EEA affairs for the Norwegian government and EEA/EFTA in Brussels.
Miriam has long experience with external and strategic communication, media relations and outreach towards stakeholders at national and European level. She previously worked as a journalist in Norway and holds a Master degree in International Relations and European Studies from Central European University in Budapest.
- Sustainable Edge: climate risk assessment for companies The Norwegian real estate company Entra is the first company in Norway to have its revenues, investments and governance structure assessed in shades of green or brown in line with the updated Shades of Green methodology. The methodology has been developed in the ‘Sustainable Edge’ project in cooperation with leading Norwegian financial institutions, CICERO Shades of Green and ENOVA (the Norwegian public energy enterprise).
- AVIATE: How can aviation contribute to a low-carbon society? The AVIATE (Aviation in a low-carbon society) project will provide better understanding of the climate impact of aviation, both for Norway and globally, and explore options for reducing that impact.
- 4C – Climate-Carbon Interactions in the Current Century The EU-funded project 4C (Climate-Carbon Interactions in the Current Century) aims to fill the knowledge gap surrounding climate sensitivity to carbon dioxide emissions by reducing the uncertainty in our quantitative understanding of carbon-climate interactions and feedbacks.
- INDGREEN: India’s ambitions and possibilities of becoming a global green leader In the research project INDGREEN, CICERO will contribute to understanding the relationship between India’s handling of its low-carbon domestic development and its role in international climate negotiations.
- ENBEL: Connecting health and climate change research Climate change is according to the WHO the greatest threat to human health in the 21st century. By bringing together leaders in climate change and health research the CICERO-coordinated Horizon 2020 project ENBEL will contribute with knowledge and policy advice on climate change and health links.
- StressTest: Using scenarios to assess climate risk in the financial sector Increasingly, financial decision-makers are asked to assess, disclose and respond to climate-related risks across a range of potential future scenarios. In the project StressTest, CICERO will produce scenario data and guidelines that will allow help financial actors to respond to regulatory initiatives on scenario use.
- EXHAUSTION Increasing temperatures and heat waves due to climate change, combined with air pollution, constitute major health risks, and could cause an increase in cardiovascular and respiratory diseases across Europe. EXHAUSTION (Exposure to heat and air pollution in Europe – cardiopulmonary impacts and benefits of mitigation and adaptation) aims to quantify the changes in cardiopulmonary mortality and morbidity due to extreme heat and air pollution (including from wildfires) under selected climate scenarios.
- CICERO is helping to develop a new global emissions monitoring service (CoCO2) Together with 24 partners in 14 countries, CICERO is working to develop a European operational service for monitoring global greenhouse gas emissions, as part of the EU-funded project Prototype system for a Copernicus CO2 service, the CoCO2 project.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Jennifer Joy West, Lars Johan Naustvoll, 2021 CICERO og Havforskningsinstituttet har bidratt med viktig kunnskap om skadelige alger til FNs havforskningstiår CICERO internettside, NO
- Florian Gallo, Violaine Lepousez, Sophie Dejonckheere, Jana Sillmann, Christa Clapp, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Iulia Marginean, Monserrat Budding, Romain Hubert, Michel Cordona, 2020 Assessing climate physical risks for financial decision makers - Common methodologies,challenges and case studies EN
- Marit Klemetsen, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2020 Hvor godt er norske kommuner rustet for klimaendringer? Spørreundersøkelse om klimatilpasning våren 2020 NB
- Kristina Alnes, Bernhard W. Schiessl, Harald Francke Lund, Alexander Oliver Berg, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Christa Clapp, 2019 Sustainable Edge: Exploring green shading for companies EN
- Karianne de Bruin, Romain Hubert, Julie Evain, Christa Clapp, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Jaclyn Bolt, 2019 Physical climate risk: Investor needs and information gaps EN
- Marit Klemetsen, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2019 Hvor godt er norske kommuner rustet til å håndtere følgene av klimaendringer? NB
Part of a book/report
- Karianne de Bruin, Romain Hubert, Julie Evain, Christa Clapp, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Jaclyn Bolt, Jana Sillmann, 2020 Physical Climate Risks and the Financial Sector—Synthesis of Investors’ Climate Information Needs EN
Conference lecture and academic presentation
- Christa Clapp, Jana Sillmann, Kristina Alnes, Iulia Marginean, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2020 Physical climate risk for banks. Data availability and accessibility challenges. EN
- Shades of green encourage a race to the top Being a leading provider of second opinions on green bonds for the last ten years, CICERO has seen how the market has grown and developed. If the financial sector is serious about climate, green investments are needed in all sectors.
- Energy efficiency labels: how to make them useful for consumers? The CONSEED project will examine how important energy efficiency information is when consumers buy a new electric appliance, a car or a house.