Phone: +47 22 00 47 54 /
Marit is an economist with a PhD from the University of Oslo and a MSc from the University of Stockholm.
Her dissertation is on Norwegian firms’ responses to government policies, such as environmental taxes, tradable and non-tradable emission quotas, technology standards or R&D subsidies. To investigate the drivers of green technologies, polluting emissions, etc., she uses micro econometric (statistical) methods.
Moreover, she is involved in research on individuals' attitudes towards climate instruments, climate adaptation at the local, regional and national level, as well as the use of climate budgets in Norwegian municipalities. She also has experience from a national analysis and intelligence center (NTAES), using micro level registry data from several agencies, as well as interviews with agency employees, interest groups and experts, to inform agency leaders.
- ACT - Public responses to climate policy instruments ACT will establish the first scientifically based annual survey tracking Norwegians’ attitudes and actions in response to climate policy instruments.
- Sustainable Edge: climate risk assessment for companies The Norwegian real estate company Entra is the first company in Norway to have its revenues, investments and governance structure assessed in shades of green or brown in line with the updated Shades of Green methodology. The methodology has been developed in the ‘Sustainable Edge’ project in cooperation with leading Norwegian financial institutions, CICERO Shades of Green and ENOVA (the Norwegian public energy enterprise).
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Torbjørn Selseng, Marit Klemetsen, Tone Rusdal, 2021 Adaptation confusion? A longitudinal examination of the concept “climate change adaptation” in Norwegian municipal surveys. Weather, Climate, and Society, EN
- Marit Klemetsen, Knut Einar Rosendahl, Anja Jakobsen Lund, 2020 The impacts of the EU ETS on Norwegian plants’ environmental and economic performance Climate Change Economics, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., EN
- Marit Klemetsen, Brita Bye, Arvid Raknerud, 2018 Can non-market regulations spur innovations in environmental technologies? The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, EN
- Marianne Aasen, Marit Klemetsen, Arild Vatn, 2022 Folk og klima: Utvikling i nordmenns oppfatninger om klimaendringer, klimapolitikk og eget ansvar 2018-2021 NB
- Mikkel Vindegg, Ingrid Christensen, Carlo Aall, Astrid Arnslett, Anders Tønnesen, Marit Klemetsen, Amsale Kassahun Temesgen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Torbjørn Selseng, 2022 Barrierer for klimatilpasning på lokalt og regionalt nivå NB
- Marit Klemetsen, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2020 Hvor godt er norske kommuner rustet for klimaendringer? Spørreundersøkelse om klimatilpasning våren 2020 NB
- Marit Klemetsen, Borgar Aamaas, Eric Rambech, Alexander Borg, Reidun Marie Romundstad, Jan Ivar Korsbakken, Valentin Vandenbussche, Erlend Brenna Raabe, Mie Sparby Fuglseth, 2020 Utvikling av klimabudsjettarbeidet NB
- Marit Klemetsen, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2019 Hvor godt er norske kommuner rustet til å håndtere følgene av klimaendringer? NB
- Brita Bye, Marit Klemetsen, Arvid Raknerud, 2019 The impact of public R&D support on firms' patenting EN
- Marianne Aasen, Marit Klemetsen, Eilif Ursin Reed, Arild Vatn, 2019 Folk og klima: Nordmenns holdninger til klimaendringer, klimapolitikk og eget ansvar NB
Conference lecture and academic presentation
- Brita Bye, Eric James Iversen, Marit Klemetsen, Arvid Raknerud, 2021 Innovation outcomes of public R&D support: Can machine learning inform causal inference? EN