Financial costs of climate change are rising, and investors need more transparent information to manage their physical risks. The European research project ClimINVEST brings together climate scientists and experts and financial actors to collaborate on improved tools and information.
Watch our closing webinar to get the latest science updates on physical climate risk and from our project capstone report and a showcase of case studies and an online climate indicators platform developed in the project to inform investors’ risk management processes. We will also have a conversation with investors in France, the Netherlands and Norway who will share insights and experience on physical climate risk assessment in practice.
14:30 – 14:35 Welcome and introduction Karianne de Bruin, Wageningen Environmental Research (moderator)
14:35 – 14:40 Keynote: Climate risk and sustainable investment Kristin Halvorsen, Former Norwegian Minister of Finance and Director at CICERO Center for International Climate Research
14:40 – 14:50 Drought in Europe – latest science update Anne Sophie Daloz, CICERO
14:50 – 15:10 Hands-on: addressing the challenges of physical climate risk assessment. Case studies and the online climate indicators platform
- Flood risk for a shopping center in the Netherlands – Felix van Veldhoven, Climate Adaptation Services (CAS)
- Heat stress in the agriculture sector in Eastern Europe – Violaine Lepousez/Florian Gallo, Carbone 4
- Screening for climate risk: the ClimINVEST online climate indicators platform – Iulia Marginean, CICERO
15:10 – 15:20 Remaining challenges and the way forward Romain Hubert, Institute for Climate Economics (I4CE)
15:20 – 16:00 Physical climate risk assessment in practice: insights from financial actors in Norway, France and the Netherlands
Chair: Karianne de Bruin, Wageningen Environmental Research
- Norway: Karoline Bakka Hjertø, Head of Sustainability at Sparebank 1 Østlandet
- France: Delphine Bartre, Piloting the Climate Risk team at BPCE
- The Netherlands: Derk Welling, Senior Responsible Investment & Governance Specialist, at APG Asset Management
Download the agenda.