Phone: +47 22 00 47 05 /
Harald Francke Lund is a Senior Climate Finance Specialist.
He led the Norwegian contribution to the UNSG's AGF report on long term climate finance in 2010 and has held the positions of Deputy Chief Negotiator for Norway, Head of Emissions Trading Section at the Norwegian Environment Agency, and Advisor to the UNSG’s Special Envoy on Climate Change Jens Stoltenberg. He was project leader of the Background Report on Long-term Climate Finance prepared for the German Presidency 2015. Harald has a law degree from the University of Oslo.
- Second opinions on green bonds CICERO second opinions are independent, research-based evaluations of green bond investment frameworks to determine their environmental robustness.
- Sustainable Edge: climate risk assessment for companies The Norwegian real estate company Entra is the first company in Norway to have its revenues, investments and governance structure assessed in shades of green or brown in line with the updated Shades of Green methodology. The methodology has been developed in the ‘Sustainable Edge’ project in cooperation with leading Norwegian financial institutions, CICERO Shades of Green and ENOVA (the Norwegian public energy enterprise).
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Christa Clapp, Knut H. Alfsen, Asbjørn Torvanger, Harald Francke Lund, 2015 Influence of climate science on financial decisions Nature Climate Change, EN
- Kristina Alnes, Håkon Sælen, Harald Francke Lund, Bård Lahn, Kristin Eine, Knut H. Alfsen, Bernhard W. Schiessl, 2021 Climate assessments of six key Norwegian sectors EN
- Kristina Alnes, Bernhard W. Schiessl, Harald Francke Lund, Alexander Oliver Berg, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Christa Clapp, 2019 Sustainable Edge: Exploring green shading for companies EN
- Knut H. Alfsen, Kristina Alnes, Alexander Oliver Berg, Christa Clapp, Sophie Dejonckheere, Harald Francke Lund, Bernhard W. Schiessl, Asbjørn Torvanger, 2018 CICERO MILESTONES 2018. A practitioner's perspective on the Green Bond Market EN
- Christa Clapp, Harald Francke Lund, Borgar Aamaas, Elisabeth Lannoo, 2017 Shades of Climate Risk. Categorizing climate risk for investors EN
- Christa Clapp, Knut H. Alfsen, Harald Francke Lund, 2016 Green Bonds and Environmental Integrity: Insights from CICERO Second Opinions EN
- Asbjørn Torvanger, Christian Bjørnæs, Harald Francke Lund, Bob van Oort, 2016 Visjoner av lavkarbon Norge NB
- Asbjørn Torvanger, Patric Andre Narbel, Harald Francke Lund, 2015 Estimating mobilized private climate finance for developing countries -A Norwegian pilot study EN
- Harald Francke Lund, Christa Clapp, Asbjørn Torvanger, Jane Wilkinson, Barbara Buchner, Martin Stadelmann, Federico Mazza, Padraig Oliver, Dario Abramskiehn, 2015 Background Report on Long-Term Climate Finance EN