Phone: +47 22 00 47 54 /
Marit is an economist with a PhD from the University of Oslo and a MSc from the University of Stockholm.
Her dissertation is on Norwegian firms’ behavior when facing government regulations and funding, such as environmental taxes, tradable and non-tradable emission quotas, technology standards or R&D subsidies. To investigate effects of such instruments on polluting emissions, innovation and other economic measures, she uses micro econometric (statistical) methods.
She has experience as a government analyst in a multi-agency center (NTAES, located in ØKOKRIM). The purpose of the collaboration is to create a knowledge foundation on matters of economic crime, for agency leaders of five Norwegian agencies covering the Police, the Tax authority, the Labour inspection, the Labour and welfare administration and Customs. The information was based on multi-agency microdata, interviews with industry and expert organisations and agency officers.
- ACT - Public responses to climate policy instruments ACT will establish the first scientifically based annual survey tracking Norwegians’ attitudes and actions in response to climate policy instruments.
- Sustainable Edge: climate risk assessment for companies The financial sector is seeking more practical information on climate risk. The ‘Sustainable Edge’ project is developing a tool for investors and creditors to understand how well-aligned a company’s business activities are with the transition to a low carbon economy.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Marit Klemetsen, Knut Einar Rosendahl, Anja Lund Jakobsen, 2020 The impacts of the EU ETS on Norwegian plants’ environmental and economic performance Climate Change Economics, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., EN
- Marit Klemetsen, Brita Bye, Arvid Raknerud, 2018 Can non-market regulations spur innovations in environmental technologies? The Scandinavian Journal of Economics, EN
- Marit Klemetsen, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, 2019 Hvor godt er norske kommuner rustet til å håndtere følgene av klimaendringer? NB
- Brita Bye, Marit Klemetsen, Arvid Raknerud, 2019 The impact of public R&D support on firms' patenting EN
- Marianne Aasen, Marit Klemetsen, Eilif Ursin Reed, Arild Vatn, 2019 Folk og klima: Nordmenns holdninger til klimaendringer, klimapolitikk og eget ansvar NB