The project Planning for Cost-Effective Environmental Risk Reduction in China is a major environmental cooperation project carried out by Vista Analysis, Chinese Academy for Environmental Planning (CAEP) and the Norwegian climate research center CICERO on behalf of the Chinese Government.
Focus areas of the project:
- Mapping and documenting international best practice relevant for China, in the field of planning for environmental risk reduction
- Training in the use of Cost-Benefit Analysis and Strategic Environmental Assessment methodology, at central, provincial and city level
- Training in the use of enviro-economic modeling tools (GAINS, MSG-6)
- Development of a methodological framework for assessment of different types of environmental risks in a comparative manner
- Develop policy recommendations to the Chinese Government