Phone: +47 22 00 47 08 /
- Centre for International Climate and Energy Policy (CICEP) CICEP is one of three centres for social science based research on environment-friendly energy established by the Research Council of Norway in 2011.
- The role of short-lived climate forcers in the global climate regime The primary objective of the project is to provide a comprehensive assessment of the potential of mitigation of Short-Lived Climate Forcers (SLCFs) in the emerging global climate regime.
- Rapid Response for Energy and Climate Policy Analysis The world today is moving fast and so are user needs. Research projects can take years to develop and get funded, but many research questions in climate policy are relevant on short time scales. We believe there is an opportunity to fill a research niche answering contemporary policy challenges through synthesis of current knowledge and through fusion of existing data and methods.
- DEMOSREG I prosjektet «Climate emission and energy use planning at the local level: Top-down directives and bottom-up responses» har vi undersøkt hvordan SPR-en har blitt fulgt opp av kommunene gjennom de lokale prosesser og tiltak som retningslinjen har utløst.
- ACT - Public responses to climate policy instruments ACT will establish the first scientifically based annual survey tracking Norwegians’ attitudes and actions in response to climate policy instruments.
- CICERO to study the development of clean energy communities in Norway As part of a new EU-funded project, CICERO will study the conditions for community energy in Norway and Europe. Community energy has been identified by the EU as an important pathway to promote the energy transition towards a low-carbon society.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Todd Cherry, Steffen Kallbekken, Håkon Sælen, Stine Aakre, 2021 Can the Paris Agreement deliver ambitious climate cooperation? An experimental investigation of the effectiveness of pledge-and-review and targeting short-lived climate pollutants Environmental Science and Policy, EN
- Merethe Dotterud Leiren, Stine Aakre, Kristin Linnerud, Tom Erik Julsrud, Maria-Rosaria Di Nucci, Michael Krug, 2020 Community acceptance of wind energy developments: Experience from wind energy scarce regions in Europe Sustainability, EN
- Stine Aakre, Steffen Kallbekken, Rita Van Dingenen, David G. Victor, 2018 Incentives for small clubs of arctic countries to limit black carbon and methane emissions Nature Climate Change, Nature Portfolio, EN
- Steffen Kallbekken, Stine Aakre, 2018 The Potential for mitigating Short-lived Climate Pollutants: A Review of the Literature Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, EN
- Stine Aakre, Leif Helland, Jon Hovi, 2016 When Does Informal Enforcement Work? Journal of Conflict Resolution, EN
- Stine Aakre, 2016 The political feasibility of potent enforcement in a post-Kyoto climate agreement International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, EN
- Jon Hovi, Tora Skodvin, Stine Aakre, 2013 Can Climate Change Negotiations Succeed? Politics and Governance, Cogitatio, EN
- Frank Grundig, Jon Hovi, Arild Underdal, Stine Aakre, 2012 Self-enforcing Peace and Environmental Agreements. Toward Scholarly Cross-fertilization? International Studies Review, EN
- Stine Aakre, Jon Hovi, 2010 Emission trading: Participation enforcement determines the need for compliance enforcement European Union Politics, EN
- Tora Skodvin, Anne Therese Gullberg, Stine Aakre, 2010 Target-group influence and political feasibility: the case of climate policy design in Europe Journal of European Public Policy, EN
- Stine Aakre, Ilona Banaszak, Reinhard Mechler, Dirk Theodor Georg Rübbelke, Anita Wreford, Harvir Kalirai, 2010 Financial adaptation to disaster risk in the European Union Identifying roles for the public sector Mitigation and Adaptation Strategies for Global Change, EN
- Stine Aakre, Dirk Theodor Georg Rübbelke, 2010 Objectives of public economic policy and the adaptation to climate change Journal of Environmental Planning and Management, EN
- Stine Aakre, Dirk Theodor Georg Rübbelke, 2010 Adaptation to climate change in the European union: efficiency versus equity considerations Environmental Policy and Governance, European Research Press, EN
- Kristin Linnerud, Stine Aakre, Frode Alfnes, Torjus Folsland Bolkesjø, Anders Dugstad, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, Steffen Kallbekken, Knut Einar Rosendahl, Jon Birger Skjærseth, 2020 An analytical framework for the empirical cases in ENABLE EN
- Anne Therese Gullberg, Stine Aakre, 2018 EUs energi- og klimaunion: En analyse av et utvidet klimasamarbeid mellom Norge og EU NO
- Kristin Linnerud, Stine Aakre, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, 2018 Deliverable 2.1: Technical and socio-economic conditions- A literature review of social acceptance of wind energy development, and an overview of the technical, socioeconomic and regulatory starting conditions in the wind energy scarce target regions EN
- Kristin Linnerud, Stine Aakre, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, 2018 Deliverable 2.2: Conceptual framework for analysing social acceptance barriers and drivers - Conceptual framework for analysing social acceptance barriers and drivers in the WinWind target regions EN
- Stine Aakre, Merethe Dotterud Leiren, Kristin Linnerud, Rosaria Di Nucci, Michael Krug, Elena De Luca, Nicoletta Del Bufalo, Tania Giuffrida, Ivars Kudrenickis, Pouyan Maleki-Dizaji, Piotr Nowakowski, Maria Cristina Tommasino, Ryszard Wnuk, Gabi Zink-Ehlert, Ehlert Zucika, 2018 Deliverable 2.3: Taxonomy of social acceptance drivers and barriers EN
- Kamleshan Pillay, Stine Aakre, Asbjørn Torvanger, 2017 Mobilizing Adaptation Finance in Developing Countries EN
- Anne Therese Gullberg, Stine Aakre, 2015 Norsk klimapolitikk: 2030-målene og tilknytningen til EU. Policy note 2015:1. NB
- Larry Rose, Stine Aakre, 2015 Kommunal klima- og energiplanlegging: et innblikk fra sidelinjene NB
- Solveig Aamodt, Stine Aakre, Anne Therese Gullberg, Guri Bang, Hans Asbjørn Aaheim, Solveig Glomsrød, Hege Westskog, Arild Underdal, 2015 Geopolitiske virkninger av lavutslippssamfunnet NO