Phone: +47 22 00 47 59 /
Hege Westskog research has for many years been focused on policy instrument to transform towards a low emission society. She has both studied households’ practices and municipalities work with climate and environmental issues. Her research is solution oriented and many of her research projects are carried out in close collaboration with societal actors (co-production of knowledge). She is involved in several projects that address possible strategies, policies and measures to transform to a low-emission society (the sharing economy, urban growth agreements, municipalities as change agents). She is part of Include – a Research Center on socially inclusive energy transition, where he leads a work package on municipalities as change agents. Hege Westskog has led many research projects and in addition served as a research director at CICERO for more than ten years.
- Power from the People? Driving forces and hindrances We address the driving forces and barriers for households in Norway to become producers of electricity which is made possible by smart grids and smart meters, allowing energy users not only to consume energy, but also to generate energy and feed this into the grid.
- Non-commercial values attached to marine resources in the coastal zone This project will supply data on local inhabitants values attached to marine resources in the coastal zone. The data collected will be of a quality which make them suitable as input in models and management processes regarding utilization of CZ resources.
- Bymiljøavtaler som redskap for bærekraftig bo- areal- og transportutvikling
- Miljø 2015 Miljø 2015 - Can a combination of policy instruments increase the effectivenss and public acceptability of environmental policies?
- DEMOSREG I prosjektet «Climate emission and energy use planning at the local level: Top-down directives and bottom-up responses» har vi undersøkt hvordan SPR-en har blitt fulgt opp av kommunene gjennom de lokale prosesser og tiltak som retningslinjen har utløst.
- TRANSFORM The TRANSFORM project explores how Norwegian municipalities can contribute to transformation to a low-emission society.
- Enabling the European Union This project seeks to enable people of the European Union to go even greener - in transportation, heating and cooling, and electricity choices - by understanding the drivers of our energy choices.
- Flexeffect -Flexible electricity use in households: barriers, opportunities and effects The project will meet the urgent need for social science research on flexible electricity policy and technology in Norway.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
Gå til: Journal article
- Hege Westskog, Helene Amundsen, Petter Christiansen, Anders Tønnesen, 2020 Urban contractual agreements as an adaptive governance strategy: under what conditions do they work in multi-level cooperation? Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning, EN
- Karina Standal, Marta Talevi, Hege Westskog, 2019 Engaging men and women in energy production in Norway and the United Kingdom: The significance of social practices and gender relations Energy Research & Social Science, EN
- Todd Cherry, David M. McEvoy, Hege Westskog, 2019 Cultural worldviews, institutional rules and the willingness to participate in green energy programs Resource and Energy Economics, EN
- Helene Amundsen, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Carlo Aall, Marianne Karlsson, Hege Westskog, 2018 Local governments as drivers for societal transformation: towards the 1.5 °C ambition Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, EN
- Hege Westskog, Tanja Winther, Marianne Aasen, 2018 The creation of an ecovillage: Handling identities in a Norwegian sustainable valley Sustainability, EN
- Tanja Winther, Hege Westskog, Hanne Sæle, 2018 Like having an electric car on the roof: Domesticating PV solar panels in Norway Energy for Sustainable Development, EN
- Sjur Kasa, Hege Westskog, Larry Rose, 2018 Municipalities as Frontrunners in Mitigation of Climate Change: Does Soft Regulation Make a Difference? Environmental Policy and Governance, European Research Press, EN
- Hege Westskog, Grete K. Hovelsrud, Göran Sundqvist, 2017 How to make local context matter in national advice: Towards adaptive comanagement in norwegian climate adaptation Weather, Climate, and Society, EN
- Petra Tschakert, Nancy Tuana, Hege Westskog, Bettina Koelle, Alida Afrika, 2016 TCHANGE: the role of values and visioning in transformation science Current Opinion in Environmental Sustainability, EN
- Marianne Aasen, Hege Westskog, Kristine Korneliussen, 2016 Energy performance contracts in the municipal sector in Norway: overcoming barriers to energy savings? Energy Efficiency, Springer Netherlands, EN
- Marianne Aasen, Hege Westskog, Kristine Korneliussen, 2016 Energy performance contracts in the municipal sector in Norway: overcoming barriers to energy savings? Energy Efficiency, EN
- Hege Westskog, Tanja Winther, Hanne Sæle, 2015 The Effects of In-Home Displays — Revisiting the Context Sustainability, EN
- Hege Westskog, Tanja Winther, 2014 Electricity consumption: should there be a limit? Implications of people’s attitudes for the forming of sustainable energy policies Consilience - The Journal of Sustainable Development, EN
- Silje H. Tørnblad, Hege Westskog, Larry Rose, 2014 Does Location Matter? Public Acceptance of Restrictive Policy Measures at the Local Level Journal of Environmental Policy and Planning, EN
- Hege Westskog, Håkon Sælen, 2013 A multi-method evaluation of the potential for using the electricity bill to encourage energy savings in Norwegian households Energy and Environment Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, EN
- Håkon Sælen, Hege Westskog, Einar Strumse, 2012 Values, attitudes, and pro-environmental behaviours – is there a link? Results from a Norwegian survey Economics Bulletin, EN
- Steffen Kallbekken, Hege Westskog, Torben Kenea Mideksa, 2010 Appeals to social norms as policy instruments to address consumption externalities The Journal of Socio-Economics, EN
- Helene Amundsen, Frode Viktor Berglund, Hege Westskog, 2010 Overcoming barriers to climate change adaptation a question of multilevel governance? Environment and Planning. C, Government and Policy, Pion Ltd., EN
- Marianne Aasen, Hege Westskog, Harold Langford Wilhite, Marie Byskov Lindberg, 2010 The EU electricity disclosure from the business perspective-A study from Norway Energy Policy, EN
- Cathrine Hagem, Hege Westskog, 2009 Allocating Tradable Permits on the Basis of Market Price to Achieve Cost Effectiveness Environmental and Resource Economics, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, EN
- Cathrine Hagem, Steffen Kallbekken, Ottar Mæstad, Hege Westskog, 2006 Market power with interdependent demand: Sale of emission permits and natural gas from Russia Environmental and Resource Economics, Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, EN