Phone: +47 22 00 47 28 /
Christa Clapp leads the climate finance work at CICERO, including climate risk for investors and green bonds.
She has 20 years of experience in climate policy and economic analysis. Christa previously held positions at the OECD and the US Environmental Protection Agency, where she earned a National Honor Award Gold Medal for climate policy analysis for US Congress. Christa holds a Masters in International Relations and International Economics from SAIS at Johns Hopkins University, and is a member of the Climate Strategies research network. She is a Lead Author on finance and investment for the IPCC 6th Assessment report.
- ClimINVEST - Tools for climate-resilient investment Climate change is increasingly affecting financial assets across the globe. The ClimINVEST project brings scientists and investors together to develop tailored tools for assessing physical climate risk and identifying climate-resilient investment opportunities.
- Second opinions on green bonds CICERO second opinions are independent, research-based evaluations of green bond investment frameworks to determine their environmental robustness.
- Sustainable Edge: climate risk assessment for companies The Norwegian real estate company Entra is the first company in Norway to have its revenues, investments and governance structure assessed in shades of green or brown in line with the updated Shades of Green methodology. The methodology has been developed in the ‘Sustainable Edge’ project in cooperation with leading Norwegian financial institutions, CICERO Shades of Green and ENOVA (the Norwegian public energy enterprise).
- RECEIPT RECEIPT (REmote Climate Effects and their Impact on European sustainability, Policy and Trade) will map potential impacts and risks of climate extremes outside Europe on European socio-economic sectors.
Publications and outreach at CICERO
- Christa Clapp, 2018 Investing in a green future Nature Climate Change, EN
- Christa Clapp, Knut H. Alfsen, Asbjørn Torvanger, Harald Francke Lund, 2015 Influence of climate science on financial decisions Nature Climate Change, EN
- Rob Dellink, Gregory Briner, Christa Clapp, 2011 The Copenhagen Accord/Cancun Agreements Emission Pledges for 2020: Exploring Economic and Environmental Impacts Climate Change Economics, World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., EN
- Martin Ross, Allen Fawcett, Christa Clapp, 2009 US Climate Mitigation Pathways Post-2012: Transition Scenarios in ADAGE Energy Economics, North Holland Publishing Company, EN
- Harry Vidas, Robert Hugman, Christa Clapp, 2009 Analysis of Geologic CO2 Sequestration Costs for the US and Implications for Climate Change Mitigation Energy Procedia, EN
- Christa Clapp, 2004 Heat-Seeking Missives Foreign policy, EN
- Karianne de Bruin, Romain Hubert, Julie Evain, Christa Clapp, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Jaclyn Bolt, 2019 Physical climate risk: Investor needs and information gaps EN
- Kristina Alnes, Bernhard W. Schiessl, Harald Francke Lund, Alexander Oliver Berg, Miriam Stackpole Dahl, Christa Clapp, 2019 Sustainable Edge: Exploring green shading for companies EN
- Knut H. Alfsen, Kristina Alnes, Alexander Oliver Berg, Christa Clapp, Sophie Dejonckheere, Harald Francke Lund, Bernhard W. Schiessl, Asbjørn Torvanger, 2018 CICERO MILESTONES 2018. A practitioner's perspective on the Green Bond Market EN
- Kristina Alnes, Alexander Oliver Berg, Christa Clapp, Elisabeth Lannoo, Kamleshan Pillay, 2018 Flomrisiko i Norge: Hvem betaler for fremtidens våtere klima? NB
- Kristina Alnes, Alexander Oliver Berg, Christa Clapp, Elisabeth Lannoo, Kamleshan Pillay, 2018 Flood Risk for Investors. Are You Prepared? EN
- Alexander Oliver Berg, Christa Clapp, Elisabeth Lannoo, Glen Peters, 2018 Climate scenarios demystified. An climate scenario guide for investors EN
- Kamleshan Pillay, Christa Clapp, 2017 Climate Report 2017: European Union Climate Finance and the Private Sector in the G20 States EN
- Christa Clapp, Harald Francke Lund, Borgar Aamaas, Elisabeth Lannoo, 2017 Shades of Climate Risk. Categorizing climate risk for investors EN
- Asbjørn Torvanger, Patrick Narbel, Kamleshan Pillay, Christa Clapp, 2016 Instruments to incentivize private climate finance for developing countries EN
- Christa Clapp, Knut H. Alfsen, Harald Francke Lund, 2016 Green Bonds and Environmental Integrity: Insights from CICERO Second Opinions EN
- Christa Clapp, Knut H. Alfsen, 2016 Financing low-carbon climate-resilient urban infrastructure in China: A potential application of green bonds EN
- Harald Francke Lund, Christa Clapp, Asbjørn Torvanger, Jane Wilkinson, Barbara Buchner, Martin Stadelmann, Federico Mazza, Padraig Oliver, Dario Abramskiehn, 2015 Background Report on Long-Term Climate Finance EN
- Takayoshi Kato, Jane Ellis, Christa Clapp, 2014 The Role of the 2015 Agreement in Mobilising Climate Finance EN
- Christa Clapp, Jane Ellis, Jan Corfee-Morlot, Julia Benn, 2012 Tracking Climate Finance: What and How EN
- Christa Clapp, Andrew Prag, 2012 Projecting Emissions Baselines for National Climate Policy: Options for Guidance to Improve Transparency EN
- Christa Clapp, Alexia Leseur, Oliver Sartor, Gregory Briner, Jan Corfee-Morlot, 2010 Cities & Carbon Market Finance: Taking stock of cities’ experience with CDM and JI EN
- Christa Clapp, Gregory Briner, Katia Karousakis, 2010 Low-Emission Development Strategies (LEDS): Technical, Institutional, and Policy Lessons EN
- Christa Clapp, Katia Karousakis, Barbara Buchner, Jean Chateau, 2009 National and Sectoral GHG Mitigation Potential: A Comparison across Models EN
- Christa Clapp, 2006 Global Mitigation of Non-CO2 Greenhouse Gases EN
- CICERO Shades of Green CICERO Second Opinions are graded dark green, medium green and light green to offer investors better insight in the environmental quality of green bonds.
- Climate finance CICERO is leading international research projects on climate finance for the Norwegian government, international organisations, and private sector partners.
- CICERO expands work with green bonds After several years of exclusive cooperation with Skandinaviska Enskilda Banken and recently with HSBC, CICERO will now also provide second opinions to other issuers and underwriters of green bonds. As the market for green bonds is expanding rapidly, the need for independent, research-based assessments of green bond frameworks is growing too.